DEEP SOUTH HOOLIGANS

Airsoft and Milsim Combat Located in South Georgia and the Surrounding Area.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone in need of a good quality, but cheap vest / rig?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TPayneNFA

PostSubject: Anyone in need of a good quality, but cheap vest / rig?   Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:05 am

If anyone is in need of a good quality vest then you may want to look into the Arktis 1600 series. Arktis gear is made in the Ukraine and is issued to British forces, including British SAS. They are made of heavy duty materials and are very comfy. I would type an entire review and take pics detailing the features, but I am thinking about just making a youtube video and posting the link. Anyway, this is the exact one I purchased:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAP-1601-Arktis-K170-US-Woodland-Vest-NEW-/320764029648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaf06aad0

Mine, however, is no longer in woodland. I wanted OD, so I visited Wal-Mart and after almost and entire can of Krylon OD, it is now OD. Wink

Some of the features the rig has are:

Internal pistol holster x1
GP pouches x2
Frag pouches x2
pistol mag pouch x1
compass pouch x1
mag pouch x4 (each hold 3 M4 mags, so 12 mags total)
hydration sleeve on back (attached to outside of back, not inside of back like similar vests... greatly helps with comfort)
admin / map pockets x2
pistol belt x1 (held inside of vest, hidden away)

Pros:
good quality
low price
lots of pockets for all your stuffs
comfortable

Cons:
bulky
a little on the big side*

*The size of this vest was listed as a con, because it is pretty big. If you are just a little fella, you may have trouble finding a good fit. I would say the smallest you could be and still find a decent fit, is to be around a size M / L shirt size. I am somewhere between a size L / XL shirt size, and I can almost cinch this thing down as small as it will go.

Pics. I took the pics with my MSA ACH and sunglasses on because I don't like pics of my face on the internets.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PMC-BLT

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in need of a good quality, but cheap vest / rig?   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Great advice, looks pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TPayneNFA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in need of a good quality, but cheap vest / rig?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:51 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in need of a good quality, but cheap vest / rig?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone in need of a good quality, but cheap vest / rig?
Page 1 of 1